Jeffery & Elysa

Jeffery & Elysa
The cute couple of Elysa and Jeffery

Sunday, May 24, 2009

On My Own - Chapter Three - Outside

On My Own
Chapter Three -
Outside

As soon as Jeffery left, I felt a bit sad. As if he was my own source of light and happiness. When they wheeled me up to my room, they asked my name once again. I told them I didn't want to tell anyone. They said it was for visitors. But I still refused. After about a half hour of arguing, they left me in peace. So I took that bit to tell Jeffery what room I was in. He told me some good news, and the news was that Alyssa was in the room next to mine! I decided that tomorrow, I would go see her. After they let me out. The good thing was that the nurse told me I'd only have to be a one night patient. They were going to let me out after dinner the next night. I was able to fall asleep peacefully and happily.

I dreamt about Jeffery and I. it was a happy dream. A dream about us being together like as a couple. It was a blur of happiness. But when I woke up, I felt the same that I had when Jeffery dropped me off at the hospital last night. I ate breakfast in a haze, wondering about Jeffery and I. Finally deciding that it wasn't even possible for us to date. But after the nurse picked up my tray, she announced that there wqas someone outside waiting to see me. When she walked out, in he stepped. It was an automatic smile thing.

"Hey, so how's it going?" he asked.

"GREAT! what've you been up to this morning?" I asked, completely forgetting that he didn't even know my name.

"Not much actually," he said as he pulled up a chair next to my bed and sat down "You were basically the only excitement I got all night last night. But I'm still wondering. What's your name?"

"oh. I forgot you didn't know. It's Elysa. Wow. I'm surprised I didn't tell you that earlier. So don't you gotta work today?" I asked hoping against hope that he didn't have to work.

"Nope. I'm an intern, so since today's Saturday, I don't have to work today, thank goodness. And besides, I gotta show you my flat. I mean, if you want to live with me. I mean, of course I have a spare room for you. And well... I'm not saying this well am I?" Jeffery said.

"Well, Jeffery. Living with you at your flat sure beats living on the streets. And it sure is a good thing there's a spare room. Or else I would've taken to the streets. so, after they let me out of this place, you'll show me round your flat?" I asked, wanting to drain information out of him.

"Sure. When do you get out of here? And By the way, just call me Jeff."

"I get out after dinner. That okay with you?" I asked.

"Yep. completley fine. I just have to go to the store and get food 'kay? I'll come by about 4:30, got it. I'll get you out." Jeff said then winked ad left.

The day continued pretty boringly. No special events. And when Jeff picked me up after dinner, he drove me to his flat. It was quite neat and spacious. When he showed me my room, I fell in love with it immediatley.

"OH MY GOD JEFF! I love it!!!" I exclaimed as I walked around the room. I could feel Jeff looking at me, but I didn't care.

"Well, it's all yours if you want it."

"Well OF COURSE I want it." I said as I bounded right up to him and hugged him. As soon as I realized what I had done, I blushed, and backed off. I loked up at him, and noticed him blushing too.

"Hey, Elysa, do - do you w-wanna go on a walk in that park w-with me?" Jeff stammered.

"uh - s-sure." I answered while stammering. We left the flat, and walked to the park. We chatted about stuff, and slowly, I stopped blushing about the hug accident. I noticed he was calming down as well. But when a murder of crows passed by, I couldn't stop myself.

"Aren't the crows beatutiful against the sunset?" I asked sighing.

"Yeah. They're so pretty." Jeff looked into my eyes for the first time, and I noticed his eyes were such a pretty shade of blue. I looked back, and then, as if I couldn't help myself, just as if he were the same, he bent down, and kissed me, and I kissed him back. It was if an explosion went of inside my heart, and I could see fireworks behind my eyelids.

We walked back to the flat, hand-in-hand, and my head leaning on his shoulder. But when we got there, someone was there. He seemed to be laughing at Jeff.

"Mate! What about Jen? What you going to do about her huh?" Jeffs friend asked.

"OH damn! I forgot!" Jeff pulled out his cell phone and started going through his contacts, and then when he got the right one, clicked it, and started speaking. "hey, Jen... uhm... I have some bad news......" "... Well, it's... it's over. I'm sorry. I didn't want to cheat on you..." "... Yes, there's another gi-" he cut off then by some obvious screaming and crying on the other end. it was so loud, Jeff had to hold the phone at arms length. When the screaming finished, it seemed she hung up, because Jeff closed his cell. He seemed a bit more down, but then looked at me, then his friend, and seemed to lighten up.

"well, on the bright side, you can date Jen now" Jeff said cheerily.

"well yeah. Oh by the way, I'm Jeff's friend, Joseph. You can call me Joe... Who are you?" Joe asked.

"Oh, I'm Elysa... No nickname for me though." I stated, and the three of us walked into Jeff's and I's flat to finish off a magnificent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment